Pub. Date: Oct. 20, 2004
The AMG Concise Bible Dictionary presents the material in an easy-to-read, non-technical style. It is simple, but not simplistic. It seeds to be t rue to the biblical material, while at the same time being helpful to the reader.
The AMG Concise Bible Dictionary is accurate, readable, and a helpful source of information on the content of the Bible. With almost one thousand entries, it covers all the major areas of biblical knowledge.
- Theological issues and Christian doctrine
- The life and ministry of Jesus Christ
- Christian life and service
- Historical studies of nations, peoples, and cities
- Geographical articles on Bible lands and physical features
- Books of the Bible with background information, survey of contents, and explanations of the books' major concerns
- People of the Bible including both major characters and less prominent characters
- Topics of overall biblical interest , such as archeology, manuscripts, types, and how to interpret the Bible
- General background information on cultures, customs, and religions
- Maps, charts, line drawings, and tables--approximately two hundred in all
Meet the Authors
Don Fleming and his wife Gae live in Belmont, Queensland, Australia. Don has had wide experience in evangelism, church planting, and Bible teaching in Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Pacific. He is well known for his ability to explain Christian teachings concisely and simply, both in his preaching and in his writing. He has over thirty books to his name and his writings have been translated into more than twenty languages. Don Fleming is the author of the AMG Concise Bible Commentary.