Follow God's workings in the lives of people as you study the Old Testament chapter by chapter and verse by verse.
An Overview of the Old Testament contains a one-page synopsis and "blueprint" for almost every chapter in the Old testament. Each blueprint begins with easy-to-follow Scripture divisions that are summed up with challenging self-examination and though-provoking study questions. The study questions are designed to encourage readers to open their Bibles to find God's truths. Prayer and praise points allow time for quiet contemplation of the lesson.
Each section and series of questions have the following purposes:
* As a guide to make the study of Scripture easier and thus, motivate the user.
* To help make the Scripture relevant to daily life.
* To challenge the user to learn the great doctrines of the Bible by searching other Scriptures.
The lessons are divided into five parts:
* The Outline Section gives a bird's-eye view of each Bible chapter's content.
* The Context Questions help the user understand the section in greater detail by honing in on points that are often missed.
* The Research Study Questions challenge the user to search the Scriptures for answers, comparing one Scripture with another Scripture.
* The Self-Examination Questions put the context of the Bible into a more practical form.
* The Prayer and Praise Section allows for a time of quiet heart-searching in which readers are encouraged to talk to God and contemplate the lessons of the study.
The aim of Following God Through the Bible: An Overview of the Old Testament is to open up the Word of God. The questions asked are just the tool for understanding, the answers are where the rubber meets the road.