Mission Trip Do's and Don'ts
Format: Trade Paper
Pub. Date: Jul. 11, 2005
IS NECESSARY WHEN ON FOREIGN SOIL-
DON'T MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF
When crossing the ocean or foreign borders, the different rules of communication become visible, often incomprehensible. Culture-based rules of interaction can seem baffling without an understanding of their origin or purpose. Culture to Culture take readers beyond their own cultural setting to give clear and precise information about global protocol.
CULTURE TO CULTURE PROVIDES:
- An understanding of the underlying culture that dictates behavior
- A reference guide for points of protocol for most countries
- An understanding of what the sensitives are
- A plan to reduce the proper protocol when one encounters a new situation
- A method to act and interact with those you meet
- A detailed guide for social interaction when dining.
Meet the Authors
Nan Leaptrott draws from her years of experience as a corporate trainer in the area of global protocol and introduces those called to Christian service to be sensitive to and understand the culture to which they seek to minister. She has written an award winning book, Rules of the Game: Global Business Protocol and is a sought after speaker, corporate trainer, and culture coach. Nan's articles have appeared in Worldwide Business Practices Report, Carolina Business Journal, Washington Business Journal, Success magazine, and Presentation Magazine. She and her husband reside in Pinehurst, North Carolina and are active members of the First Baptist Church.