Format: Trade Paperback
Pub. Date: Mar. 16, 2007
PARENTING IS A TOUGH TASK IN TODAY'S PERMISSIVE SOCIETY.
Many teens know the Lord, hold a passion for him, worship him, and serve him, but problems come when they have to make a choice between right and wrong. Often, bad choices are not the fault of teens, for they have never been taught how to live in our permissive culture. Help is now available.
Protecting Your Teen from Disturbing Behavior informs parents (and youth workers) how to instruct today's teens in the essential area of respect, discipline, and obedience. The aim of the book is to help teenagers become life-long, obedient, and productive Christians.
THIS BOOK'S GOALS
* Informing parents on the purpose of conviction and obedience
* Explaining that conviction from God is a good thing.
* Informing parents of the purpose of accountability, and it's role in guiding teens.
* Helping parents help their teens when it comes to discernment.
* Making parents aware of the key issues facing youth today.
* Providing practical tips and suggestions to help today's teens become life-long committed Christians.
Meet the Authors
LEE VUKICH chairs the department of Church Ministries at Liberty University in Virginia. He is the executive Director for the Center for Youth Ministry. Dr. Vukich spent ten years as a youth pastor and continues to speak at camps and conferences. The co-author of Disturbing Behavior: 53 Alarming Trends of Teens, Dr. Vukich now lives in Lynchburg, Virginia, with his wife, Beth, and their two children.
STEVE VANDEGRIFF is professor of youth ministries at Liberty University in Virginia. Dr.Vandegriff directs the largest evangelistic outreach in the southeast-Scaremare (a Christian alternative to Halloween). He spent 13 years as the Executive Director of Youth for Christ in Alberta, Canada. Steve and his family live in Lynchburg, Virginia, and is the co-author of Disturbing Behavior: 53 Alarming Trends of Teens.