- Basic Questions
- Devices and Apps Supported
- Instructions For EPUB Devices
- Instructions For MOBI Devices
What is an ebook?
An ebook is and electronic version of a printed book. It can be read from computers, mobile devices, tablets and dedicated eReading devices.
How do I purchase and ebook?
You can find all digital download content under the eBooks tab on the AMG Publishers website. Select the appropriate format for your reader and click Add to Cart. You may purchase multiple ebooks or any combination of print and ebooks.
What are the requirements for purchasing downloads?
- You must set up and account with AMG Publishers.
- Your computer must be running either a Windows or Mac operating system.
- Downloads must be purchased with either a credit/debit card or using your PayPal Account.
How do I access the downloads I have purchased?
- To login to your account, select Account Services link at the top of any website page. Login with your user id and password.
- Under Account Management select My Digital Library.
- Select Your Digital Products.
- Select the product you wish to download and click download. Unless otherwise specified, the product will download to the default download file on your computer.
- To download to your device - connect your computer and device through the computers USB connection and follow the instructions associated with your device.
E-Book/Digital Content Terms and Conditions
By purchasing any digital product, you agree that you are bound to these terms and conditions.
- The Digital Content is licensed, not sold to you.
- Due to its nature, digital content orders cannot be cancelled nor the product returned for refund.
- Upon payment and download of any digital content from this site you are granted a non-exclusive right to view, use and display an unlimited number of times the content solely on one device at a time and solely for non-commercial use.
- The content may not be loaned, rented, sold, leased, distributed, broadcast, sublicensed or otherwise assigned to any third party.
- You may not remove or modify any proprietary notices or labels on the digital content.
- You may not bypass, modify, defeat or circumvent any security features that protect the digital content.
- Termination. Your rights under this agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any terms and conditions listed. In case of termination you must cease all use of any Digital Content and AMG Publishers may revoke your access to the service without refund. AMG Publishers failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with this agreement does not constitute a waiver of AMG Publishers' rights.
What devices are supported?
AMG Publishers offers both the MOBI and the EPUB platforms.
Devices That Support MOBI Format:
- Amazon Kindle
- MobiPocket software on PalmOS, Windows CE /Pocket PC
- Franklin eBookman
- EPOC32 handheld devices.
Devices That Support EPUB Format:
- Barnes and Noble Nook
- iDevices (iPad, iPods, and iPhones)
- Sony eReaders
You will need to check your reader for the format it is capable of reading prior to purchase.
What computers and apps are supported?
AMG Publishers offers both the MOBI and the EPUB platforms.
Apps and Software That Support MOBI Format:
- Amazon Kindle App - iDevices
- Amazon Kindle App - Android Devices
- Amazon Kindle Software - PC Only
Apps and Software That Support EPUB Format:
Loading eBooks on the B&N Nook
- Connect your Nook to your PC/Mac using the sync cable
- On a PC: Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the location where you downloaded your eBook.
- On a Mac: Open Finder and navigate to the location where you downloaded your eBook.
- Copy your downloaded eBook into the 'My Documents' folder on your Nook.
- Disconnect your Nook.
- On the Nook, do a search for New Content.
- Your new eBook should show up in the My Documents folder.
Loading ePub Books onto iDevices
- Download the ePub version of the book directly onto your computer.
- Using iTunes 9.1 or later, add the books to your iTunes library. They should automatically go into the "Books" folder.
- Sync your iDevice. They will show up in the iBooks app.
Loading ePub Books onto Android Devices
- Ensure you have Aldiko installed on your Android device.
- Ensure you have a memory card with sufficient memory in your device, or that you have sufficient internal device memory for the eBook.
- Attach your Android device to your PC/Mac and activate the 'Disk Drive' mode. Refer to your device manual for further instruction.
- (On a PC): Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the location where you downloaded your eBook.
- (On a Mac): Open Finder and navigate to the location where you downloaded your eBook.
- Copy your downloaded eBook into the '\ebooks\import' folder on your Android device.
- Disconnect your Android Device and start the Aldiko application (may need to wait a minute or 2 for your device to re-initialize the memory card).
- Import the eBook into your Aldiko Library.
Loading a MobiPocket eBook to Your Kindle
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle.
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" or ".prc" eBook file into the documents folder on your Kindle.
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac) the Kindle from your computer.
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle.
- The AMG Publishers eBook should now appear in your Kindle library
Loading a Mobipocket Ebook to Kindle Fire:
- Turn your Kindle on.
- Connect the Kindle to your computer with a USB Cable (note that the Kindle Fire does not ship with a cable so you will need to supply your own). Your Kindle Screen will now say "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle".
- On your computer, the Kindle's hard drive should be mounted and displayed as "KINDLE"
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" or ".prc" eBook file into either the "Books" or "Documents" folder on your Kindle.
- Unmount the Kindle from your computer: choose "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac).
- Your books will show up in the Docs section of your Kindle Fire, as well as in the carousel.